Although many features have been added to Domino 11 by HCL,there are a few things that have been removed/deprecated.
Let’s look at them briefly:
- XWork Server – I had heard that this may be possibly renamed, but perhaps that is now going to change?
- Console mode installation on Windows™
- Express® mode installation on Windows
- GUI mode installation on AIX® and Linux®
- Remote installation on AIX and Linux
- XSP mode (Application Service Provider) – I don’t know how many people are still using this, but I do have a customer who has been running in ASP/XSP mode since before 2007. Actually, if I recall, I may have converted them off of that mode with a recent server migration, but if you’re in this mode and looking to run V11 I’m not 100% sure yet what your upgrade process would look like!
- DOTS (Domino OSGi Tasklet Service)